Sunday, March 18, 2012

Sort of like a freight train - in a good way

Something that I hadn't expected happened yesterday.  Something amazing and wonderful.  Something truly God-given.

When I finally got home from work and helping a friend, I picked up my Saturday mail.  From the car I could see a large envelope and wondered . . . and then saw that it was from my adoption agency.  My first reaction was that this would be a list of things they needed me to redo for my second application, so when I first saw the letter, I was a little confused.  It was not a list of things from application part two, it was full of immigration documents and a letter that said my application had been approved!  So instead of 4-6 weeks to process, it was done in two.

This means a few things.

First, I have to send $4,000 to my adoption agency . . . as they say, DUE NOW.  I have almost this much from the fundraising we have done, my earnings from my second job, and the extra money I've earned from being on an extra team at work.  Luckily, I have amazing family who will be able to help me cover the rest for now.  This will take away all I had saved and raised for the home study, so the upcoming concert and other fundraising efforts become even that much more important.

Second, it means that I only have the home study (initial paperwork started) and the referral left.  Wow.

Third, we could still possibly have this finished this summer.  This has been my hope all along, but I wasn't sure it could really happen for a while there.

Fourth, seeing God so very present in this process has been amazing.  If it isn't you guys supporting and praying, it's my agency speeding through paperwork or my friends putting on a benefit concert.

The big prayer requests for now are that my home study goes well and is done quickly and for the entire Russian side of the adoption.  The adoption process is a little shaky in Russia right now, so we need all the prayer we can get.

Thank you all so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment