Monday, July 16, 2012

Waiting . . .

I'm sorry I haven't updated in a looooong while.  This has mostly been because not much has happened with the adoption in the last month.  Here are the highlights:

1.  Home study - the home study itself is done, but there was some miscommunication between my home study agency and my adoption agency.  What this really means is that my adoption agency just got my home study from my home study agency on Sunday.  I'm not sure how long it will take, but my adoption agency will need to review the study to be sure it fully complies with Hague regulations given that Russia is a Hague country for adoptions.  Hopefully this will go quickly so I can finally get started on my dossier.

2.  The bilateral adoption agreement was ratified!  This means that things should open up in the region where Tanya lives.  So  . . . I am getting a little anxious to get going on my dossier so that I can get my referral and start traveling!

3.  My job - well, my school district has officially been taken over by a charter school.  I have been offered a position at the charter school, but it is not yet clear what that position will be or what the salary/benefits package will look like.  I am hoping to find something that suits my strengths and will support my new family.  I have also made the decision to quit my part-time job.  As much as I have enjoyed meeting new people, I knew that I would have to quite with a new job in the Fall.  Some things have happened there that made the workplace more than a little hostile, so it's just time to go.

I did want to let you all know that I am working on setting up a profile on a wonderful website where donations can be made to my adoption through a 501c3 (where donations would be tax-deductible).  I understand why people prefer to make donations in this way!  This is not possible until my home study has been fully accepted by my adoption agency, so I'll keep you all updated.

Overall, I still trust that God has a plan for all of this.  I have to trust that my new job will let me take all the time off that I will need.  I have to trust that my finances will support the continuation of this journey.  I have to trust that God will help me get my little girl home.  Thank you all for your prayers and support - they are all appreciated more than I can ever express.

Jen




No comments:

Post a Comment