Monday, August 18, 2014

Closed

I have good news and bad news.  The bad news remains the same -- Russia is clearly not going to open to US adoptions anytime in the next few years.  I have come to terms with this, most of the time, and just pray that Tanya finds peace in her home country.

The good news is that the mission group again returned to Tanya's orphanage and discovered that she has been placed in a foster home. I knew something was awry when her databank listing disappeared and feared the worst while hoping for the best.  The wonderful women from the mission group were able to speak to the director to find out what had happened to Tanya.  This is not ideal, of course.  She is not living with a family, a real part of a family, but she is out of the institution and hopefully in a good place.

We move on here in this house, and the adoption agency is starting to call me with new referrals from different countries.  I know Tanya will not come home, but I'm not sure I'm ready for a new child just yet.  The advantage is that if I start a new process by next April, I can use many of the fees that have already been paid for a different child.  If I begin a new journey, I'll be sure to share with everyone.  Thank you all for your support - please keep Tanya in your prayers.  She'll need all the support she can get.

"He said to them, 'Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. Truly I tell you, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it.' And he took the children in his arms, placed his hands on them and blessed them." Mark 10:15-16

No comments:

Post a Comment