Monday, January 16, 2012

Changes and Challenges

I've had to make some tough decisions in the past few weeks. Life is getting a little more complicated than I'd like. But that's life, right?

Part of what is happening is an almost certain and significant pay cut for me - at least until I can find a new job. Those of you who live near me know how much trouble my school has been in, both financially and academically. The finances are finally catching up to the district, and it looks like it will be up to us teachers to make up that difference. So . . . my fundraising has to take a little vamp up so that I can come out of this with as little debt as possible. Supporting a child costs money, too!

What does this really mean? Well, for starters, I know now that I need to open this blog up as much as possible in the hopes that a larger network of people might be able to help get Tanya home. This means no more pictures ..... sad, I know .... and as little specific information as possible. It's a tradeoff, but for now I feel like it's the right thing to do. So - share the website with your friends, churches, groups, everyone! We need all the help we can get.

Our current goal is to just raise enough to get the second Application submitted - around $785. This seems a little more doable than the whole adoption cost, doesn't it?? Please keep us in your prayers as this process continues.

Thanks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment