Saturday, January 7, 2012

The Waiting is the Hardest Part

I know I've been told - repeatedly- that this is really a hurry up and wait sort of process . . . and I have believed every word. Waiting to find Tanya was hard - it felt like it took forever. Thankfully, my application part one was quickly processed and was approved on January 3rd!! The next step is to received application part two and then to, of course, complete said application. I have been told that this part is much more intensive and time-consuming. It also takes around 30-45 days to process unlike the quick week or two of application part one. This all makes sense and is quite a logical sequencing of events. But then here I sit, waiting for application part two. I so badly just want to get started, to get going on the more time-consuming parts of the application, but I won't know what those are until it gets here. This is killing me . . . I am not naturally a very patient person. This does not bode well, I know. I like to make lists of tasks and check them off, one by one (see my added checklist: The Process and Where We Stand tab). But I won't have the checklist until I get the second application. Humph. In some ways, I'm convinced God has led me down this path to teach me many lessons - but importantly the lesson of patience. I just keep hearing that childhood song, played on our record player in the play room over the garage, "Have patience, have patience, don't be in such a hurry. When you get impatient, you only start to worry. Remember, remember, that God is patient, too. Just think of all the times that others have to wait for you." I'm pretty sure I remember a snail singing those words. Wise words.

Lessons are hard.


Part of the reason the waiting is soooo hard at this point is that I have learned that Russia has recently changed their adoption laws increasing the waiting period from 10 to 30 days. It's unclear at this point if this will stay in place, but for now it is what it is. That's three more weeks before she can get home. That's a third trip to Russia instead of the former two. That's 20 more days to wait. Just wait.

Lessons are hard.


No comments:

Post a Comment