Monday, February 6, 2012

Happy Birthday, Tanya!!



Children should have cake, candles to blow out, and people to sing to them on their birthdays. This was and still is how it works in my family. Some of my favorite (and still saved) voicemails are those songs from the Southern niece and nephews or sisters far away.

Today Tanya turns 5. My baby is 5! Thousands of miles away. I hope someone is singing to her. I hope someone is celebrating with cake. But I know that this is most likely not true. So my family and I will celebrate her birthday here with cake, candles to blow out, and singing. We will take pictures, save her presents, and make her another cake when she gets here, but somehow it has just become so very important to me that at least someone is celebrating Tanya's birthday. The more the merrier, right?

So that brings me to my birthday wish on behalf of my daughter. Would you help us ensure that Tanya will not spend another birthday without cake, candles, singing, and her forever family? In honor of Tanya's 5th birthday, we are asking that people donate $5. Just $5. It's not much if one person gives, but with the power of numbers, we can give Tanya the best birthday present of all - her home.

I know we don't get a lot of comments on here, but would you please also post your birthday wishes along with your donation? I'll save them for Tanya to show her just how much she was loved even before she got here.

Happy Birthday, Tanya!


Update: 
I just wanted to personally thank and acknowledge all of you who gave in honor of Tanya's birthday.


Thank you so much to:
Jerry and Kelly
Cherri and Pete
Matt
Jackie
Cari
Doris


And also to those of you who helped before Tanya's birthday:
Jill
Jackie
Matt
Heather
Jill
Randy


Thank you all so much for your financial and spiritual support!

5 comments:

  1. Oh kiddo, by the time you read this I will have squeezed your face & told you how amazing you are. Happy Birthday munchkin! We can't wait to celebrate with you here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Babushka (Grandma) loves you so much, Tanya! Every birthday celebration from now on will be full of hugs and kisses and family LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday Tanya! You have a great amazing wonderful family waiting for you who will give you fun birthday parties and cake, there is good cake (as long as it's not that gluten free stuff your mom eats! ) ;-) Your aunties make yummy cakes too so there will never be a shortage! Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday, Tanya! You've got a wonderful and talented family and we're praying you'll be here soon to know them yourself.
    Best birthday wishes from the Sytsemas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. happy birthday sweet girl, we can't wait to meet you.

    ReplyDelete